Are you concerned that you can’t get help for your addiction because you can’t afford to miss work or miss out on important family events? You can get help without upending your life. Outpatient programs treat your addiction without requiring that you go into an inpatient center, give up your job or miss out on the rest of your life.
How Can You Detox in Florida Without Missing Work?
Florida offers many opportunities to find outpatient treatments that won’t require you to upend your life. Addiction treatment centers recognize that many people can’t or won’t get help because they have jobs, lives, and responsibilities. Most of these programs have evening hours that fit into most people’s schedules. If you’ve made recovery a priority in your life, you won’t have trouble fitting a few hours every week into your routine.
Does Outpatient Treatment Work as Well as Inpatient Treatment?
Studies have found that outpatient programs are as effective as inpatient rehab. You’ll get the same quality of care, support and training that you would at an inpatient center. An outpatient treatment program takes more commitment on your part since you are not in a safe, controlled environment where you’re removed from the temptations of drugs. On the other hand, you’ll have an easier time making sobriety a part of your daily life than someone who’s been in an inpatient rehab facility.
What Types of Outpatient Programs are Available in Florida?
Intensive Outpatient Programs
Intensive outpatient programs are designed specifically for people who have jobs and other responsibilities. A Florida outpatient program typically sessions and meetings during evening hours.
- The program begins with a safe, medically-supervised detox that allows you to withdraw from drugs or alcohol painlessly and without symptoms. This may be the only time that you need to take a day or two off of work. Depending on the substance you are addicted to, detox can take up to two days.
- Once your body is free from the substance, you will meet with your counselors to work out a treatment plan.
- In most outpatient rehabs, you will have a schedule of three to four weekly meetings and sessions. These normally last about three hours.
- The meetings include individual counseling, peer support, group therapy and participation in 12-step meetings.
- You will have regular, random drug and alcohol tests throughout the program.
- Most outpatient programs in Florida last anywhere from one month to six months.
Partial Hospitalization Programs
Partial hospitalization is more intensive and more structured than an intensive outpatient program. Partial hospitalization in Florida usually begins with a medically-supervised detox. Once you have withdrawn from the alcohol or drugs, you will have a schedule similar to the following.
- Your days begin at 9:00 am and ends around 4:00 pm.
- You spend your day at the facility, attending meetings and therapy sessions.
- Sessions include individualized counseling, group therapy, education sessions and medical monitoring of any prescribed medications you are taking.
- You go home in the evenings.
- You’ll have random, regular drug tests.
- The program typically lasts six to eight weeks.
Partial hospitalization is generally a good choice for:
- People who have a dual diagnosis of addiction and mental illness.
- People who want a highly structured, controlled setting but don’t want to go into inpatient care.
Sober Living Homes
Some people find that moving into a sober living home is a big help during treatment. You might consider staying at one while you’re going through an outpatient program. At a sober living home, you will be safe from alcohol or drugs while continuing to work, stay in touch with family and otherwise continue your regular life. Most sober homes require their residents to have jobs and pay a small weekly rent. You’ll also have random drug tests and be expected to follow the house rules regarding curfews, visitors and weekly chores.
Find an Outpatient Treatment Center in Florida
Whether you want inpatient or outpatient care, the most important step you can take is the decision to seek help for your addiction. Outpatient treatment centers can guide you through recovery and help you stay sober. You don’t have to leave your job, your family or your life. Our counselors can help you find the right outpatient treatment center in Florida. Call us anytime at 772-266-5320.