Facing and overcoming addiction is often a lifelong journey for anyone who has taken the necessary steps to detox and combat their addictions head-on. Whether you have struggled with addictions on and off throughout your entire life or if you have encountered addiction for the very first time, it is important to seek help with the right substance abuse program.
Finding the right substance abuse program highly depends on the type and severity of your addiction. Your history with addiction should also be considered when you are seeking a substance abuse program. If you are looking to meet others who are struggling with addiction and you have already completed an inpatient rehab treatment program, consider an outpatient program in your area.
Will You Meet Other Addicts in Outpatient Substance Abuse Programs?
Outpatient programs provide numerous opportunities to meet and mingle with other individuals who have struggled with addiction. Whether you are looking for others to simple listen to your story or if you are interested in learning more about addiction and the lives of others, there are many ways to do so with an outpatient program.
Types of Outpatient Substance Abuse Programs
Outpatient programs are extremely common and some of the most popular tools used by individuals who are looking to overcome an addiction or receive ongoing support after completing an inpatient rehab program. Some of the most notable and popular forms of outpatient rehab programs include:
- Sponsorship Meetings: Sponsor meetings and group gatherings provide you with the ability to obtain a sponsor as you work through your addiction. Sponsors provide ongoing moral, ethical, and emotional support 24/7 as you work through the obstacles and challenges that are most common with addictions. Once you have completed your inpatient rehab programs and various inpatient programs, you may also opt to become a sponsor of other individuals in need of assistance yourself.
- Counseling: Addiction counseling is not only extremely therapeutic for some, but it is also beneficial for those who are in need of a safe space to discuss feelings and emotions associated with their addiction.
- Group Therapy: Attend group therapy meetings to get to know others who are currently struggling with addiction or those who are living a sober lifestyle and seeking ongoing treatment.
When is an Outpatient Program Right for You?
Outpatient programs are not right for everyone, especially those who are not yet capable of living on their own without giving into temptation or past negative behaviors and habits. An outpatient rehab program may be right for you if:
- You have the ability to maintain your job, relationships, and hobbies without allowing drugs and alcohol to interfere or cause you to relapse.
- You have completed a 30, 60, or 90-day inpatient rehab program in the past. If you have completed an inpatient program, you will likely feel much more comfortable with and confident in your decisions as you work through living a sober way of life even once you return to living independently and on your own.
- You do not require assistance while living independently.
- You are not fearful of being surrounded by alcohol, drugs, and other temptations.
- You have a strong support group of family members and friends who want to see you thrive and support your sober lifestyle. Your support group provides positive and beneficial emotional and mental support as you face and work through challenges and obstacles that arise as you remain sober and live without giving in to surrounding temptations.
- You are committed to remaining sober and you are willing to consistently attend meetings and other outpatient programs to avoid potential relapses.
- You are not feeling the pull to return to your old ways and lifestyle. You feel positive and optimistic about your future and your journey to a life that is free from all drugs and alcohol.
Are you looking for an outpatient substance abuse program that will provide you with an opportunity to meet others who are also struggling with an addiction? Are you unfamiliar with the process of finding outpatient programs or are you unsure of where you begin? Let us help you. Our counselors are ready to take your call and are available to provide you with outpatient resources 24/7. Give us a call at 302-842-2390 to learn more about outpatient substance abuse programs near you and to discover which programs can help you meet others throughout your recovery journey today.